The annual Eat-Drink-Design Awards recognise design innovation and excellence in hospitality premises of all scales and types, food and beverage retail environments, and visual identities for both across six categories. It is the only awards programme in Australasia that celebrates the relationship between eating and drinking experiences and good design.
In 2013 the jury has shortlisted eighty-one projects from across New Zealand and Australia. Bringing together the expertise and experience of the design and hospitality communities, the judging panel for 2013 comprised chef and restaurateur Christine Manfield, author and food writer John Birmingham, architect Domenic Alvaro, design writer Rachel Hurst and Cameron Bruhn of Architecture Media.
The New Zealand shortlist includes:
Best Bar Design
Best Restaurant Design
- Milse by Cheshire Architects (also the winner of the Hospitality Award at the 2013 Interior Awards)
- The Depott Eatery & Oyster Bar by Nott Architects
Best Café Design
- Eightthirty Mini Coffee Roastery by Glamuzina Paterson Architects (also the winner of the Craftsmanship Award at the 2013 Interior Awards)
Best Retail Design
- The Kapiti Store by Studio Gascoigne
Best Temporary Design
- The Lucky Taco by The Lucky T
See the full gallery of the short-listed projects here.
Eat-Drink-Design Awards are presented in partnership with Tanqueray Gin, The Salvage Company, Space, Architects Professional Risk Services, Crittenden Estate Mornington Peninsula and Taubmans.