Twenty-one finalists have been chosen across seven categories, and will now present their work, live, to the awards jury on 21 and 22 May.
An extremely high calibre of entries were received into this year’s Interior Awards including projects delivered to clients in Australia, China and the United States. A total of 111 entries from 75 design practices were judged.
Eighteen projects and three emerging design professionals have been selected as finalists and will compete for one supreme award, seven category awards and $7000 cash.
All finalists will present their projects live to the awards jury on 21 and 22 May, 2014. Live streaming can be accessed via ArchitectureNow.
The winners will be announced at an awards and networking soirée at Ponsonby Central on June 26, 2014 (tickets on sale now through www.interiorawards.co.nz).
The finalists are (also available through the image gallery above):
- Designworks Auckland Office by Designworks
- Fox Street Office by Fearon Hay Architects
- ASB North Wharf by BVN Donovan Hill in association with Jasmax
- Tonic Room by Material Creative
- The Tooth Company, Britomart by Herbst Maxcey Metropolitan Architect
- Mildred & Co by José Gutierrez
- Ortolana by Cheshire Architects
- Waiheke Island Yacht Club by Fearon Hay Architects
- The Sugar Club by Jasmax
- Victoria University of Wellington Campus Hub and Library Upgrade by
Athfield Architects and Architectus
- Dunedin Town Hall and Municipal Chambers by Opus Architecture
- James Hight Undercroft, University of Canterbury by Warren and Mahoney
- FIELD by Out of the Dark
- Model Home 2013 by Michael Lin & Atelier Bow-Wow w’ Andrew Barrie
- Nike Lab by Switch
Emerging Design Professional
- Dajiang (DJ) Tai, Cheshire Architects
- Sarosh Mulla, Sarosh Mulla Design
- Rufus Knight, Fearon Hay Architects
- Undulatus Bespoke Hanging Lamp by Inside Design
- Wine Rack for Harbourside Ocean Bar Grill by Powersurge Metalworks
- Bespoke Display Wall for Clearly by RCG