We are looking for an experienced architectural graduate to join our growing team at the start of the new year. As a design-based practice we offer the opportunity to work across all architectural project stages, we value innovation and creativity whilst respecting the limitations of each project. You will be working with SGA’s experienced architects and directors to deliver concept designs, resource consent and building consent documentation and construction drawings.
You will posses strong interpersonal skills to liaise with clients, consultants and contractors. Our friendly team and open plan office provides an excellent opportunity for the right individual.
SGA is a well respected, award-winning architectural practice based in Kingsland, Auckland. Our team of 13 comprises two directors, three architects, seven graduates and an office manager. Our recently completed studios offer a supportive environment with modern amenities and a fully equipped fabrication workshop.
We work across a range of project types from house alterations, new homes, community and commercial buildings to masterplanning and design for large scale housing developments.
At SGA we integrate sustainability and craftsmanship into all designs. There is a strong focus on pragmatic design and comprehensive construction documentation. Constructive criticism and knowledge sharing is encouraged to help deliver high quality contemporary design.
Experience and skills:
- Tertiary architectural qualification
- Minimum of four years experience
- Experience producing detailed design drawings
- Proficiency in ArchiCAD preferred
- Knowledge of the NZ Building Code
- Experience with Mac operating system
- Competent in the Adobe suite and Microsoft Office programs
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Enthusiastic and proactive attitude
This is a full time position and salary will be based on experience.
If this sounds like you, please email your application to email@example.com.
Date Posted: Wednesday 22 November