Spaceworks Design Group is a little different and we’re looking for an experienced interior designer to join our dynamic and passionate team in both Wellington and Christchurch.
The ideal candidate must have 5+ years design experience and should possess a real spark and passion for commercial design. Spaceworks wants to lead the way in design in New Zealand and we want you to help lead the way. We take our jobs seriously but have a serious amount of fun whilst doing it. Do you?
And, when you’re working on some of the most outstanding, forward-thinking Kiwi companies from boutique to multinational, we want someone who is passionate about creating unique and innovative spaces.
You will be an integral team member working from our boutique office in either Wellington or Christchurch and reporting to our head office in Auckland. You will lead projects from initial briefing to completion, client and contractor management and beyond for all sectors in retail, hospitality, office and hotels.
Our philosophy is that everyone should have access to great design and we do more than make a space look good, we make it work. Can your designs demonstrate this way of thinking? If so, you’re in with a great chance. You should also have the following amazing attributes;
- You’re a self-starter and demonstrate an excellent understanding of building and managing client-relationships
- You think outside of the box, you’re creative and innovative
- Outstanding interior detailing and documentation, proficient in AutoCAD or something similar
- Capability to lead a project from briefing through to space planning, concept, detailed design, documentation for tendering and consent, budget and contractor management
- Exceptional presentation skills, including Photoshop, Sketch Up and InDesign (a nice to have)
- Incredible communication skills; both written and verbal
- Deadline driven and ability to juggle a number of projects at any one time
- A hunger to make things happen and to go that extra mile
- You are up to date with the latest global workplace trends
- Full time position with an attractive salary and package
Yes, we have design accolades and we’re proud of these, however it’s how we work and our lively team that we’re most proud of. You’re not a number and our entrepreneurial spirit means that if you want to get to the next level of your profession, Spaceworks will support you in your career development through training and development.
We care about our people, our employees, clients and stakeholders. Yup, we’re different and we’re proud of that.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send through your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Date Posted: Thursday 4 May