The 2017 Architecture Asia Pacific Symposium will be held in Brisbane on Friday 24 March 2017 at the State Library of Queensland.
The symposium, organized by Architecture Media, brings together architects, designers and their clients and collaborators to explore the innovative thinking and transformative projects that are creating new world cities for the emerging Asian century.
The keynote speakers reflect the diversity of the countries, cities and people of the Asia Pacific. Their talks will address the way communities from across the region are responding to the demands of the future and the pivotal role that architecture plays.
The full list of speakers includes:
- Shigeru Ban, founding director of Shigeru Ban Architects (Japan)
- Savinee Buranasilapin, co-founder of thingsmatter (Thailand)
- Tom Dannecker, co-founder of thingsmatter (Thailand)
- Stephen Collier, founder of Stephen Collier Architects (Australia)
- John Denton, co-founder and director of Denton Corker Marshall (Australia)
- Abbie Galvin, principal of BVN (Australia)
- Sangjoon Kwak, co-founder of OBBA (Korea)
- Sojung Lee, co-founder of OBBA (Korea)
- Wenhui Lim, founding director of Spark Architects (Singapore)
- Milinda Pathiraja, co-founder of Robust Architecture Workshop (Sri Lanka)
- Katherine Skipper, principal of Warren and Mahoney (New Zealand)
The symposium is presented as part of the two-week Asia Pacific Architecture Forum, taking place in Brisbane from 18–31 March 2017. The forum features exhibitions, installations, workshops and lectures.
New Zealand architects accrue 60 NZRAB points for attending the ArchitectureAP Symposium.
To purchase tickets click here or see below.