Affordable, secure housing and sustainable future-proof cities are a huge concern in New Zealand with its homelessness, growing and ageing population.
PrefabNZ, the New Zealand Green Building Council and Community Housing Aotearoa are co-hosting this free pre-election Housing Crisis panel.
A spokesperson from across the political parties will present their housing action plans at a public audience panel on Thursday 7 September, 6pm - 8pm.
Each political party has been asked to consider these points:
1. What is your party’s perceived problem with housing in New Zealand?
2. What is your party’s intended response post-election (not what is happening now)?
3. How will your party embrace and encourage innovative housing delivery as part of the solution?
- Denis O’Rouke, NZ First
- Geoff Simmons, The Opportunities Party
- Metiria Turei, The Green Party
- Marama Fox, Maori Party
- Phil Twyford, Labour
- Shamubeel Equab, Economist, social commentator, writer and Housing issue expert
National has yet to accept the invitation. Hon. Amy Adams has submitted a written reply, which can be read here.
Hosted and chaired by Guy Marriage, senior lecturer, Building Science, School of Architecture, VUW, and PrefabNZ board member.