Eight projects from six New Zealand architecture practices have made the list of finalist entries in the 2012 World Architecture Festival Awards (WAF).
Among those featured are Fearon Hay architects, Patterson Associates Ltd, Crosson Clarke Carnachan Architects Auckland, Taylor Cullity Lethlean, The Flood and RTA Studio.
The WAF awards attracted more than 500 entries from close to 50 countries this year. In the next phase of the awards programme, each finalist practice will present their project or design live to an international judging panel in Singapore - the host country for this year’s WAF festival.
Below is a list of the nominated New Zealand projects by category:
- Display - Brancott Estate Heritage Centre by Fearon Hay architects
- Office - Geyser, Patterson Associates Ltd
- New and old - The Imperial Buildings by Fearon Hay Architects
- Villa - Hut on Sleds by Crosson Clarke Carnachan Architects Auckland Ltd
- Villa - Island Retreat by Fearon Hay Architects
Landscape Projects - Completed designs
- Urban - North Wharf Promenade, Silo Park and Jellicoe Street by Taylor Cullity Lethlean and North Wharf Building by Fearon Hay
- House - C3 House by RTA Studio
- Health - Whanau Ora Centre by The Flood
The World Architecture Festival will take place in Singapore from 3-5 October, 2012. For a full breakdown of the WAF awards shortlist, click here. More information is available at worldarchitecturefestival.com