World Green Building Week is an annual event that empowers the green building community to deliver green buildings for everyone, everywhere. Buildings can be heroes in the fight against climate change – and so can you.
Some of New Zealand’s most heroic buildings will be in the spotlight this week. The New Zealand Green Building Council is offering a wide range of free events to celebrate World Green Building Week 2017.
This year, the activities are designed to share knowledge and celebrate those buildings that are helping the fight against climate change. Event information will be added as it becomes available.
- Tertiary photographic competition: “See the faces of the heroes in our buildings”
- Join the Thunderclap Campaign: Donate a social media post and join the conversation on social media with #OurHeroIsZero #NZGBC
- Tell the world what kind of buildings you want with our #ourheroiszero. Sign here.
- Homestar v4 webinar: Wednesday 27 September, online
- Panel event in association with the NZIA – What is a heroic home and how do we measure it? – Wednesday 27 Sept, 5–7pm. Objectspace, Ponsonby.
- Panel discussion – Zero energy buildings by 2050. What will this look like, and how do we get there? – Tuesday 26 Sept, 5–7pm. Beca Auditorium, Auckland.
- Heroic Building Walking Tour – Saturday 30 Sept, 9.30am - 12 noon. Wynyard Quarter.
- Green Speak Waikato – Heroic building tour and talk. Thursday 28 Sept, 4.45pm – 8pm. Rototuna School, Hamilton
- Public lecture – Heroic buildings Wellington. Thursday 28 Sept, 5pm – 7pm. Victoria University Wellington, Kelburn.
- Heroic Building Tour – Wednesday 27 Sept, 4.45pm – 7pm. Pita Te Hori Centre, Christchurch.
NZGBC encourages you to organise your own WGBW events, share photos and join the conversation on Twitter (#WGBW2017 @NZGBC). Email NZGBC to register your own event or find out how to get involved.
All events are free, however attendees must register prior via links above.